Here are some frequently asked questions that might help you with information you need about your appointment. If there is a question you have that is unanswered on our website, please do not hesitate to contact our Appointments Team on T.+44 20 3212 0830 who will endeavour to help you.
How do I book an appointment?
Call our Appointments Team on T.+44 20 3212 0830 who will advise you on what to do and how to be referred. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I be referred?
Our referring consultants are listed our website with their neurospeciality listed. Our Appointments Team can help guide you as well.
Call T.+44 20 3212 0830 for guidance.
We do require a referral form from a medical source for all appointments.
- Self-referrals: Ask your GP to refer to you to WNC
- Private patients: Ask your Consultant for a referral to WNC, or visit our directory of Consultants to find out who can refer you
- Self-referrals: Fill in the WNC referral form and fax it to our Appointments Team on F. +44 20 3212 0835
- Overseas referrals: Your doctor should fax a copy of a recent medical report in English to the administrative team at WNC Head Office Fax: +44 20 3212 0835. We will then contact you to discuss next steps, this may include an admission or appointment date, the name of the consultant and details of how you can pay for any appointments and treatment
I need to cancel my appointment
We ask that you give at least 24 hours’ notice where possible to avoid a cancellation charge. Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a 50% cancellation fee. To cancel an appointment please call T. +44 20 3212 0830 or email email@example.com stating clearly:
The date of your appointment
Type of test, location
Name of the medical consultant or clinical staff member your appointment was scheduled to be with.
You will be sent confirmation of your cancellation.
How do I prepare for my appointment, test or assessment?
Our services page explains a little more about each test and how to prepare for it. When you book an appointment, our team will give you any specific instructions if required. You may also wish to view the flyer related to your test which can be found on the services page.
Consent for your test
Consent is the process by which you give permission to a health professional to provide your care and treatment. It may be implied, for example, by offering your arm for a blood pressure reading, or formal, by signing a formal consent form for an operation. Please download the consent leaflet in advance of your test or appointment for more detailed information. You will be asked to sign a consent form in advance of any tests. Or you can fill in a digital consent form on line.
In either case, your consent must be given voluntarily and you must have all the information you need to make a decision. This includes what the procedure or treatment involves, the benefits and risks, the details of any alternative treatments and what may happen if the procedure or treatment does not go ahead. Patient choice is an important part of your care. You have the right to change your mind at any time, even after giving consent.
When will I get my results?
Your result turn-around time depends on which diagnostic test you have. When booking your appointment please let our bookings team know when your follow-up appointment is with your referring consultant. This will enable us to ensure your results are available in time. Your results will be sent to your referring consultant, who will explain and recommend the next step in your care pathway at your follow up appointment.
How do I pay?
When booking your appointment you will be asked if you are privately insured or paying independently. We operate a strict 14 day payment policy. We accept:
- Credit or Debit Card. Please call our Appointments Team on T.+44 20 3212 0830 and have your card details ready. Please note we do not take American Express cards.
- By BACS payment, details supplied on the invoice sent to you after your treatment.
- By cheque. Please make cheques payable to Wimbledon Neurocare Ltd, and send to: Accounts Department, Wimbledon NeuroCare Ltd, 1 College Fields, 16 Prince Georges Road, London SW19 2PT
- For treatment covered by health insurance, we will require an authorisation code prior to booking your appointment.
Will my health insurance cover me?
If you are privately insured, you will need to obtain an authorisation code from your insurance company prior to booking an appointment. Once authorisation is given, let us know so we can send the invoice to the correct address.
If you are confused about what treatment or test you are having, please call our Appointments Team. They are experienced in dealing with insurance company claims and will be able to guide you through pre-authorisation. T. +44 20 3212 0830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org